Rank Among Leaders
Bears DT Ray McDonald confident he won't be charged
|by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com|
|(4/28/15) When asked Tuesday if he was confident that he would not be charged in a sexual assault case, Bears defensive tackle Ray McDonald said he had no concerns about being charged, reports the team's Radio Network
"Yes. Extremely confident," he said.
McDonald was released by the 49ers in December after being accused of sexual assault. He previously said he is in the process of suing the accuser over the sexual assault claim.
Report: Bears to sign ex-49ers DT Ray McDonald
|by Jason Butt | CBSSports.com|
|(3/24/15) The Bears have reached an agreement to sign former 49ers defensive tackle Ray McDonald, the organization announced.
The deal is reportedly for one year.
The story was first reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
McDonald was released by the 49ers in December after he was accused of sexual assault. This marked the second time in four months that McDonald was linked to a domestic violence related incident.
McDonald recently told ESPN he is planning to sue the accuser in the most recent sexual assault claim. He was not charged in the first investigation due to insufficient evidence, according to the Santa Clara District Attorney's office.
By joining the Bears, McDonald will reunite with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.
Report: Ray McDonald to sue his accuser
|by Larry Hartstein | Senior Analyst|
|(3/16/15) Former 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald told ESPN he plans to sue the woman who has accused him of rape. McDonald has not been charged, with the Santa Clara District Attorney's office saying this month it is still reviewing the matter.
"I feel like what I am doing is the right thing because I know that I am not this bad person that people are making me out to be," McDonald told ESPN on Monday. "I've been fired from my job. I know some teams don't even want to talk to me because of this past accusation. All I am trying to do is clear my name and move on with my life."
The 49ers released McDonald in December citing "a pattern of poor decision-making."
His attorney, Steve M. DeFelippis, said in a statement that the "unresolved threat of charges being filed against him, even though factually unfounded, continues to present a roadblock to this remarkable athlete being able to move forward in his career. This lawsuit is intended to vindicate him ... and return his good name."
McDonald, 30, played in 14 games last season, recording 39 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble.
Report: DA denies that charges against Ray McDonald were dropped
|by Sean d'Oliveira | CBSSports.com|
|(3/5/15) Defensive end Ray McDonald's agent has begun informing teams that the Santa Clara District Attorney has decided not to pursue charges against his client, reports NFL.com.
While his agent said the allegations are closed, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's office said in a statement that they are still reviewing the matter, reports The Sacramento Bee. McDonald is facing a sexual assault allegation.
"The District Attorney's office has made no decision on the most recent Ray McDonald matter," according to the statement. "When the investigation is complete, this office will release our findings publicly or through publicly filed charges."
The 49ers released McDonald last year when the allegation arose. He is currently a free agent.
Troubled DE Ray McDonald released by 49ers
|by Marty Gitlin | CBSSports.com|
|(12/17/14) Defensive end Ray McDonald has been released by the 49ers after a second assault charge had been levied against him in the last four months, per CSNBayArea.com. The latest are sexual assault allegations for which he is being investigated.
The team had stood by McDonald after the first incident, but apparently have lost faith in his innocence.
McDonald, who was finishing his eighth season with San Francisco and has started every game this year, ends 2014 with three sacks and having contributed to 39 tackles.