Brett Favre rebuffs inquiry from Rams
by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
(10/24/2013) The Rams called Brett Favre Sunday after losing starting quarterback Sam Bradford to a season-ending knee injury to ask if the retired quarterback would be willing to play for St. Louis, league sources told ESPN. Favre, who hasn't played in the NFL since December 2010, declined the offer.
"It's flattering, but you know there's no way I'm going to do that," Favre said during an interview with ESPN 570 Radio in Washington Thursday. "I had a great career. I think if anything, the last year that I played was an obvious writing on the walk, vision for you if you will. It was time."